I am excited to join the impressive list of speakers at this year's Communicators Conference, hosted by PRSA Oregon on May 8.
My talk will focus on growing your audience by using an equity lens. But what is equity? Why should we focus on race? Great questions.
Your potential clients and customers are growing more diverse every day, so what can you do to ensure you’re not marginalizing or ignoring them?
Successful public relations and marketing professionals embrace diversity as a core value and use an equity lens to build their communication strategies every step of the way.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How institutional and systemic racism marginalize people of color
- How to be more culturally conscious as you develop your communication plan
- How implicit bias affects your communications approach
- What an equity lens is and how to develop your own
- What not to do in your next campaign
Intended audience: Communications practitioners who want to grow their audience by connecting with diverse communities.